Undefined offset

HaxorNab

Hi again fellas.
Ill make it quick.

I attached photo and here is the code. I am braking my head about 2 hours on how to fix those errors and bumped into dead end :s

<form method="get">
Tekstą:<br>
<textarea name="cont" rows="5" cols="60"></textarea>
<br>Įrašyti į failą: <input type="text" name="text" value="">.txt
<br><input type="radio" name="1" value="1">1 
    <input type="radio" name="2" value="2">2
    <input type="radio" name="3" value="3">3 kartus
<br><input type="submit" name="4" value="Įrašyti">
</form>

<?php

$file=$_GET['text'];
$vk=fopen($_SERVER['DOCUMENT_ROOT']."/".$file.".txt","wb"); // pasiremta http://stackoverflow.com/questions/9265274/php-create-and-save-a-txt-file-to-root-directory

if ($_GET['1'])
{   fwrite($vk,$_GET['cont']);
     fclose($vk);
      echo "<br>Failas "."<b>".$file."</b>".".txt papildytas tekstu: "."[<b>".$_GET['cont']."] "."1"."</b>"." kart.";}
elseif ($_GET['2'])
{   fwrite($vk,$_GET['cont']);
    fwrite($vk," ".$_GET['cont']);
     fclose($vk);
       echo "<br>Failas "."<b>".$file."</b>".".txt papildytas tekstu: "."[<b>".$_GET['cont']."</b>] "."2"."</b>"." kart.";}
elseif ($_GET['3']) 
{   fwrite($vk, $_GET['cont']);
       fclose($vk);
        echo "<br>Failas "."<b>".$file."</b>".".txt papildytas tekstu: "."[<b>".$_GET['cont']."</b>] "."3"."</b>"." kart.";}

?>

I would really apreaciate your help fellow programers :D not noob as me ofc

post-203097-0-06988900-1481483913_thumb.png

Edited by HaxorNab

Yes. I already found my mistake. Thanks for trying to help :) 

I made same radio names and added  if ($_GET['1']  == (radio value)) and its all perfect

That is still wrong. $_GET can have numerous parameters. You are missing a name such as id=1. In your case it is name=1. You should probably be using POST instead of GET.

<?php
if (isset($_GET['name']))
    {
    if ($_GET['name'] == 1)
        {
        //do something
        }

if ($_GET['name'] == 2)
        {
        //do something
        }

if ($_GET['name'] == 3)
        {
        //do something
        }
    }
?>
Edited by benanamen

More importantly, you need to start thinking about security and robustness. Websites are public, which means you'll get all kinds of requests from all kinds of sources. Not all of them are valid and friendly. There will be invalid requests, malformed input, automated attacks and maybe even targeted attacks. Your application has to survive those.

Right now, the script has no security or robustness whatsoever. Anybody can write arbitrary data to arbitrary files without any validation. They can upload malware, overwrite existing files and even leave the document root to screw up your server (nothing prevents them from using “../” in the filename). On top of that, the code is wide open to cross-site scripting attacks.

Programming is a lot more than making error messages go away. You need to actually think about what you're doing (yes, even as a newbie). In your specific case, I recommend you forget about creating files on your server. It's simply too dangerous as long as you don't understand the implications. You should store the text in a database instead. I'm sure you have one installed already.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.