A HREF link in dynamic table

marti314

I am building a table in a php function and am trying to create a dynamic href in one of the fields.   I want a user to be able to click on the reference link to have it open up windows explorer for that directory. (I know this only works in IE and not chrome or firefox)

$pathdir="file://///server/dir/dir1/dir2/".$cname;

$htmltable .=   "<td> <a href=$pathdir>    <div style="height:100%;width:100%">      Artifacts    </div>  </a>   </td>" ;

I keep getting this error: 

unexpected T_STRING on this line: $htmltable .=   "<td> <a href=$pathdir>    <div style="height:100%;width:100%">      Artifacts    </div>  </a>   </td>" ;

You'll have to escape the double quotes in your div style as such:

<div style=\"height: 100%; width:100%\">

You're using the same quotes to open the string in PHP so essentially you're telling it to close after = and reopen before the > but since the semi-colon ends a line of php coding, the width partis actually a new php command.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.