Google JSON Results into Array

samtwilliams

Hi, I am returning some google json results into an array, but i can't seem to loop through the array to get to the result i need.

I have the following results

stdClass Object
(
    [kind] => customsearch#search
    [url] => stdClass Object
        (
            [type] => application/json
            [template] => https://www.googleapis.com/customsearch/v1?q={searchTerms}&num={count?}&start={startIndex?}&lr={language?}&safe={safe?}&cx={cx?}&cref={cref?}&sort={sort?}&filter={filter?}&gl={gl?}&cr={cr?}&googlehost={googleHost?}&c2coff={disableCnTwTranslation?}&hq={hq?}&hl={hl?}&siteSearch={siteSearch?}&siteSearchFilter={siteSearchFilter?}&exactTerms={exactTerms?}&excludeTerms={excludeTerms?}&linkSite={linkSite?}&orTerms={orTerms?}&relatedSite={relatedSite?}&dateRestrict={dateRestrict?}&lowRange={lowRange?}&highRange={highRange?}&searchType={searchType}&fileType={fileType?}&rights={rights?}&imgSize={imgSize?}&imgType={imgType?}&imgColorType={imgColorType?}&imgDominantColor={imgDominantColor?}&alt=json
        )

[queries] => stdClass Object
        (
            [request] => Array
                (
                    [0] => stdClass Object
                        (
                            [title] => Google Custom Search - just eat manchester dragon
                            [totalResults] => 296000
                            [searchTerms] => just eat manchester dragon
                            [count] => 10
                            [startIndex] => 1
                            [inputEncoding] => utf8
                            [outputEncoding] => utf8
                            [safe] => off
                            [cx] => 013036536707430787589:_pqjad5hr1a
                        )

)

I then use this code to load it into the array;

$google_api = 'https://www.googleapis.com/customsearch/v1?key=<MYKEY>&cx=013036536707430787589:_pqjad5hr1a&q=just+eat+manchester+dragon&alt=json';

$results = json_decode(file_get_contents($google_api));

when i loop through the array i want to pick up the value from 'kind' and i cant seem to get the foreach correct, my last effort was this;

foreach ($results->kind as $detail) {
	echo $detail;
}

could someone advise what the best way to pull the results out of the array, like any other array i would navigate through it using -> but when i do this i get an undefined stdClass error.

Sam

Archived