m3 code:

<?php session_start(); ?>
<!DOCTYPE HTML>
<html>
<?php
echo $_SESSION['phone'];
?>
</html>

The problem is that the session variable ($_SESSION['phone']) works in m2.php but it does not display in m3.php. It just displays nothing. My main aim is to take the phone number and 1st check in the database. If it exists then display the information else add the no. in the database along with other details like name, address etc. I am trying to use sessions for this but the above problem is not making me do it. Stuck on this since long time.Help Please!

Also, if I use the same thing without the form in m2.php, it works perfectly.

m1.php has logic in it that will never be run.  All that script does is output a from.

m2 - Where is $phone being set?  Plus - with your poorly structured script (mixing of html and php) - your attempt to use a header to jump to somewhere else will probably fail since you have already output your html.  That is why it is recommend to do your php stuff FIRST and only THEN output the html.  You should turn on php error checking in these scripts while doing your development to see any error messages that occur.  

PS - what is the table for in m2?  And why the php code looking for the option element of POST when you haven't yet output that form?  That will show you a warning message unless you fix your code to check if it exists first.  (See my signature)

Welcome to PHP

You keep making the same mistakes.

We already had a long discussion about how to properly structure your scripts and why spaghetti code and interwoven forms are bad. Now you're coming back with ... spaghetti code and interwoven forms. Does it really surprise you that you're running into the same problems over and over again?

Programming is not about producing lots of code and then hoping it somehow "works". It's about approaching a problem systematically.

I suggest you throw away the code, actually read our replies and then start over. This time step by step. Start with one(!) script which actually makes sense. Then we can talk about more advanced tasks.

How do you want me to structure it. According to me

Step 1: In 'm1.php', the user enters the phone number, which is passed to m2.php.

Step 2: First thing in 'm2.php' is to display the number entered by the user. (setting $_POST['ph'] = $_SESSION['phone'])

Step 3: Check weather the number exists in the DB or not. (which I did with OCI using $link etc.) 

Step 4: If the number does not exist then ask the user weather he wants to add new details or not. (which I get by the form in m2.php).

Step 5: Move to 'm3.php' and add the customer details.

There are more things to be done in m3.php but that I will be only able to do when I have my number in all the pages. The scripts are arranged in the way the user will enter data like phone number. How else am I supposed to structure it? That's how I am approaching the problem.

The table in m2 is for displaying the details of the customer having the number entered if it exists. I am very new to php so i have no idea how am I supposed to structure this. I just did step by step as it will happen. As in,

First eh user enters number, then the number is checked, if it exists then the details are fetched from the database else its asked weather he wants to enter the details or not. If no then it takes back to where he entered the number, if yes then he has to fill in the details. So the html and php are mixed. But how am I supposed to do it if not like this?

We've already gone through the structure. You actually acknowledged the advice, so it's rather strange that you've then completely ignored it. You're using the exact same bad code you had last month.

As several people told you several times, form scripts should generally submit to themselves. This makes it a lot easier to understand the processing and handle errors, because it's all in one script.

Read the replies. If you don't understand them, feel free to ask. But when you completely ignore multiple detailed answers, then I get the impression I'm wasting my time with you.

I did not ignore any of your advice. I did try it. I removed everything and only the sessions remained. It worked perfectly. Here too, it does work fine till m2. But the minute I add the radio button form, it doesn't work. My entire project is just stuck because of this. Please just tell me what the order of the php and the html should be in the above case. Its just getting frustrating. I tried everything. 

I posted the same thing on stack exchange (another forum) and the reply I got was this perfectly worked for him. All the sessions working perfectly then why its not working in my system.

Did you understand a single word of what I just said?

Anyway, it's obvious that you either cannot or don't want to process the information we've provided, so I'll rather spend my time on something more useful. Good luck with your project.

As I see it your m1 does NOT get a phone number.  All it does is display an html form.  Poorly written for an html page and poorly designed for an input form.

Judging by Jacques comments I probably just wasted some valuable typing time, but oh, well....

Archived