need help on how to create a member's login

skateme

Hi,
I was learning PHP about 3 months ago but stopped because I couldn't fix the 'mysql_connect' problem. My friend directed me to here and I solved it! So, I have lost almost all of my PHP skills and am a noob again :(. I was wondering whether any of you had a login script/login tutorial I could look at.
Thanks in advance :)!

Hi.

I have posted my simple login system in the post right under yours :).

Right here: http://www.phpfreaks.com/forums/index.php/topic,118541.0.html

It's very very basic and might not be all correct in the sense of style (programmers have different ways of doing things, with the same result). I believe it's easy to read. Hopefully you can use it together with some of the tutorials.

There is always XAMPP if you're looking for an easy install of Apache, PHP and MYSQL.

http://www.apachefriends.org/en/index.html

That was what I first started out with, until I figured out how to configure everything myself. It's a bundle of the 3, including some automated configuration and so forth.

[quote author=skateme link=topic=118540.msg484479#msg484479 date=1166060397]
irken: how long did it take you to learn all of that???? Did Xammp solve any problems about going in to MySQL?
[/quote]

Well, it's hard to say how long it took really. I just took it in small steps. There is not really any configuration in regards to MySQL if you download the installer programmer, rather than the .zip distribution. It asks you which root password you would like and how the kind of server type to install. It should start itself automatically after that.. then it's really just a matter of programming the connection-string in PHP and there you go.

As for the Apache install. I installed that, the only setting I changed was the document root (htdocs) path, and PHP did the configuration for the PHP module itself (Read: again download the installer rather than the PHP .zip distribution).

That's it.. write 2 lines of configuration and you're good to go. XAMPP automates "all this" for you tho and installs some tools to help you administrate the server. For MySQL administrating I use Navicat - I like it's clean GUI, table designers and it's very very easy to use - http://www.navicat.com/.

Using navicat is ok in the beginning, but try to use the console aswell to learn the MySQL commands (INSERT, UPDATE, SELECT,...). You tend to get very lazy when using such applications as Navicat :D.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.