cliftonbazaar

Currently my code is

$sql_statement="UPDATE players
		SET cls = '".$_GET['cls']."',
			rjt = '".$_GET['rjt']."',
			thrawn = '".$_GET['thrawn']."',
			rolo = '".$_GET['rolo']."',
			ipd = '".$_GET['ipd']."',
			arena1 = '".$_GET['arena1']."', arena2 = '".$_GET['arena2']."', arena3 = '".$_GET['arena3']."', arena4 = '".$_GET['arena4']."', arena5 = '".$_GET['arena5']."',
			fleet1 = '".$_GET['fleet1']."', fleet2 = '".$_GET['fleet2']."', fleet3 = '".$_GET['fleet3']."', fleet4 = '".$_GET['fleet4']."', fleet5 = '".$_GET['fleet5']."'
		WHERE ally_code = '".$_SESSION['ally_code']."'";

Each GET is the same as the column in my database; is there a loop to make this smaller in code?  The reason I ask this is because it's going to get bigger and bigger.

While I realise that this isn't the best way to update the database it works for my needs.

James

Barand pretty much said it. What you have there is a repeating group on arena and fleet at minimum. You will forever be changing your database and php code, not to mention the horror of queries

$sql = "... WHERE fleet1 = 'foo' OR fleet2 = 'foo' OR fleet3 = 'foo' etc.";
You add column fleet{n} and now you have to go change all your queries. It's relationally incorrect, but also horrible to work with, and will require continual updating and retesting of existing working code.

Archived