a flash into <a>s tag doesn't have hand cursor

arabi

i put a swf into <a><object ... swf>...</a> and i want to have standard cursor type for links (cursor:hand) but doesn't work. can someone help me?

code:
[code]<a href="http://www.aaa.com/setup.exe" style="margin:0;padding:0;margin-left:-3;cursor:hand;">
<DIV ID="Movie"> 
<object classid="clsid:d27cdb6e-ae6d-11cf-96b8-444553540000">
<param name="movie" value="swf/buton.swf">
<param name="quality" value="high">
<param name="wmode" value="transparent" />
<embed src="swf/buton.swf"
quality="high"
pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer"
type="application/x-shockwave-flash"
wmode="transparent">
</embed>
</object>
</DIV>
</a>[/code]

Flash overrides the default browser behavior since it sits on top of your HTML. You'll need to modify your flash presentation with a simple actionscript button that lays over your whole movie and links to whatever your URL is to get it to link the whole movie. If you need a walkthrough on how to do that, let me know, and I'll break it down for you.

OK. I'll write this assuming you're using Flash MX 2004 or Flash 8. If you're using 5 or later, this will work, but the individual steps may be a bit different.

1. Create a new layer called "myLink" above all your other movie layers.

2. On that new layer, use your Rectangle tool to draw a square over your entire stage.

3. Select that object and press F8 to create a new movie clip with it. Call it whatever you like.

4. Once it is a movie clip, select it and look in your properties panel. Set the color setting to Alpha and drop it to 0% so it's invisible.

5. With the movie clip still selected, press F9 to view your actionscript for this object and enter the following:
[code]
on (release) {
  getURL('http://www.whatever.com');
}
[/code]

Obviously, you'll want to change the getURL() call to whatever site you're after, but otherwise, this should get you the desired response.

Good luck!

[quote author=arabi link=topic=118764.msg487405#msg487405 date=1166459490]
thanks. there is no way that that could be done in html/php/java script/css? i don't have access to swf.
[/quote]

Not that I'm aware of. Because you're actually embedding an object, the object attributes will override what typically would be shown on the page. I suppose you could play with some z-indexing with CSS, but I've never been able to get something to display over top of a flash presentation successfully across browsers.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.