dil_bert

hello dear php-experts,

well i have a base-db: it does not run well - it needs a hsqldb/jdbc/JDBCDriver

well i need to load this.

http://hsqldb.org/doc/src/org/hsqldb/jdbc/JDBCDriver.html
public class JDBCDriver
extends java.lang.Object
implements java.sql.Driver

Provides the java.sql.Driver interface implementation required by the JDBC specification.

The Java SQL framework allows for multiple database drivers. The DriverManager will try to load as many drivers as it can find and then for any given connection request, it will ask each driver in turn to try to connect to the target URL. The application developer will normally not need to call any function of the Driver directly. All required calls are made by the DriverManager.
HSQLDB-Specific Information:

When the HSQL Database Engine Driver class is loaded, it creates an instance of itself and register it with the DriverManager. This means that a user can load and register the HSQL Database Engine driver by calling:

question;  

do i need something else to get the base-db up and running?!

greetings

Class.forName("org.hsqldb.jdbc.JDBCDriver")

hello dear all

how to install the db-driver hsqldb-jre ?

i have a base-db and it runs on Manjaro.

that means - i want to use it on manjaro-linux.

but unfortunatly i have no glue how to install the db-driver.

well how can this be done:

found this on the net:
https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/hsqldb2-java/

well - with the basic installation tool of manjaro i cannot install the db-driver.
should i do this on commandline!?

Found an intersting how to on superuser

btw - sorry i messed up the reply a bit. i was unconciouse bout the inserts...

a big big sorry for that

note - this is a plan for  Linux . while i am on two different Syst.

a- on Manjaro-Linux
b. on a WIN - XP-System

i will try to apply

update: Habe noch eine relativ gut geschriebene Anleitung gefunden: 

How to set up the jdbc driver to connect to hsqldb from libreoffice?

I am trying to "split" a LibreOffice .odb file into a HSQL database and an OpenOffice document containing forms and macros. I am trying to follow the instructions from this thread:

Within a few minutes you can convert your embedded HSQLDB to a stand-alone HSQLDB which is just a very fine database engine.

1) Download and extract the current version from HSQLDB and point the Java class path in Tools->Options->Java to the new hsqldb.jar

2) Extract the database folder from your embedded database and rename the files data, properties, script to name.data, name.properties, name.script, where "name." is an arbitrary name prefix.

3) Connect a Base document to an existing JDBC database such as jdbc:hsqldb:file:/home/chenier/hsqldb/name;default_schema=true;shutdown=true;hsqldb.default_table_type=cached;get_column_name=false (again, "name" refers to your own file name prefix). This local single-user connection gives you much more than the embedded HSQLDB.

4) Copy queries, forms and reports from the old database over to the new one.

The wizard presents me with a window expecting two inputs: a "Datasource URL" and a "JDBC driver class".

The path to the hsqldb.jar file is set this way.

On the main Libreoffice menu, choose Tools/Options/Libreoffice and look for Java or Advanced. Click the Class Path button, and then Add Archive. Navigate to the location where the hsqldb.jar file is (apparently, /var/lib/hsqldb/lib/hsqldb.jar, in your case)

On my Debian system /usr/share/java/hsqldb.jar is a link to the actual file /usr/share/java/hsqldb-1.8.0.10.jar. Both belong to root.

Step 3 is what you have illustrated with your screenshot. Put the properly modified (for your database) long command "jdbc:hsqldb:file:/home/chenier/hsqldb/name;default_schema=true;shutdown=true;hsqldb.default_table_type=cached;get_column_name=false" in the datasource url, and put "org.hsqldb.jdbcDriver" (without the quotes in both cases) in the JDBC Driver class box. Test the class. The next part asks for a user name; use "SA" (without quotes), leave the password required unchecked, and test the connection.

das ist alles für Linux gedacht - mit dieser DB-Frage bin ich auf zwei vesch. Syst.

a- auf Manjaro-Linux und
b. auf einem WIN - XP-System

15 hours ago, dil_bert said:

hello dear all

I am trying to "split" a LibreOffice .odb file into a HSQL database and an OpenOffice document containing forms and macros. I am trying to follow the instructions from this thread:

Within a few minutes you can convert your embedded HSQLDB to a stand-alone HSQLDB which is just a very fine database engine.

1) Download and extract the current version from HSQLDB and point the Java class path in Tools->Options->Java to the new hsqldb.jar

2) Extract the database folder from your embedded database and rename the files data, properties, script to name.data, name.properties, name.script, where "name." is an arbitrary name prefix.

3) Connect a Base document to an existing JDBC database such as jdbc:hsqldb:file:/home/chenier/hsqldb/name;default_schema=true;shutdown=true;hsqldb.default_table_type=cached;get_column_name=false (again, "name" refers to your own file name prefix). This local single-user connection gives you much more than the embedded HSQLDB.

The wizard presents me with a window expecting two inputs: a "Datasource URL" and a "JDBC driver class".

der Link: How to set up the jdbc driver to connect to hsqldb from libreoffice?

On the main Libreoffice menu, choose Tools/Options/Libreoffice and look for Java or Advanced. Click the Class Path button, and then Add Archive. Navigate to the location where the hsqldb.jar file is (apparently, /var/lib/hsqldb/lib/hsqldb.jar, in your case)

On my Debian system /usr/share/java/hsqldb.jar is a link to the actual file /usr/share/java/hsqldb-1.8.0.10.jar. Both belong to root.

Step 3 is what you have illustrated with your screenshot. Put the properly modified (for your database) long command "jdbc:hsqldb:file:/home/chenier/hsqldb/name;default_schema=true;shutdown=true;hsqldb.default_table_type=cached;get_column_name=false" in the datasource url, and put "org.hsqldb.jdbcDriver" (without the quotes in both cases) in the JDBC Driver class box. Test the class. The next part asks for a user name; use "SA" (without quotes), leave the password required unchecked, and test the connection.

das ist alles für Linux gedacht - mit dieser DB-Frage bin ich auf zwei vesch. Syst.

a- auf Manjaro-Linux und

a- auf Manjaro-Linux und

Archived