PHP Form + data base

mcubac08

Hello Everyone!

I am new here and I have a minimum knowledge of using PHP.  

At my current job, they have to enter data in a spreadsheet which contains 5 columns... 

The problem is... because Spreadsheet is not in sharepoint, they cannot share it.  One person can access it at the time, and that takes a lot of time...

In my previous job, a developer created a PHP website that connected to a data base, and the whole team was able to access that site and make changes simultaneously.  

First question... can I do something similar using Access or Excel? or do i need a mysql?

Second question, I am sure the website needs to be hosted in a server that never shutsdown, right?

Third question. could you provide me some tips or tutorials of how to do that?

Thank you!

5 hours ago, mcubac08 said:

First question... can I do something similar using Access or Excel? or do i need a mysql?

Can you create a PHP website connected to a database... using Access or Excel? No...

Well actually yes, but don't.

Second question, I am sure the website needs to be hosted in a server that never shutsdown, right?

"Never" isn't as important as "it's running when people need to use it".

Third question. could you provide me some tips or tutorials of how to do that?

So far it sounds like a standard PHP-website-with-a-database setup. There are plenty of tutorials out there to help you get to that starting point, so if there's a particular place you've gone to before that you liked then you should give them a shot too.

Only particular requirements I would suggest looking for are that the tutorial talks about PDO and it uses PHP 7.0 or later.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.