Only show rss items from last month

Guldstrand

I'm trying to parse multiple rss feeds and only show and save items from the last month, but i can't get it to work.
All works fine, exept the part when i can't limit the data to only show last month.

I've tried this:

$pubdate = date("Y-m-d", strtotime($item->pubDate));          
    if (date($pubdate, strtotime(" -1 month")))

Fortunately it looks like you know that you need strtotime(), although you went for date() as well. Unfortunately it looks like you threw them together into some mismash thinking it might work.

strtotime() takes a date string and converts it into a number. Numbers are nice for comparisons. date() takes a number and converts it into a date string. Strings aren't nice for comparison.

Since numbers will be better than strings, what you need is to get a number for the publication date and a number for what was a month ago, then to compare the two.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.