I need support as a beginner

aagusosa

Hello!

I am getting started in PHP coding and I desperately need a hand with this issue:

I am managing a PHP custom made CMS website for kinesiologists. The system has worked on this website years ago and he is not around anymore, and I have no chance to contact him.

https://colegiokinesiologos.com/profesionales/sistema.php

This website is an exclusive system for kinesiologists to visualize recepits, payrolls, generate certifications, etc. The user database is on MySQL, which I have access to. 

The problem is, I need to add new users to the database, the only way I can do it is via MySQL. I fill in all the blanks correctly but the user won't be generated, when I try to login with a user I created, it wont login as if it didnt exist.

I am trying to find out the way the last programmer added users... maybe there is a custom section created in order to do this (I went through all the files and I couldnt find an option to do this).

In addition, I need to create a similar CMS plataform. Any tip on what is the best way to build a plataform like this?

I would need support with this as soon as possible.

Thank you in advance

So to summarize:

• You have some sort of Kinesiologist Platform as a service system?
    • Or a business that is using this system internally?
    • Is it actively in use, or was used in the past, but is now semi-functional?
  • It's written in php and uses mysql
  • It's "custom" but you aren't entirely sure what it might be based on, as you not an experienced php developer
  • You need to add users to this Kinesiologist system, but you don't know how to accomplish that
  • You need to create a "similar" CMS platform? 
    • Why is that? 
      • You can't figure out how to add a user to your existing system
      • Or do you mean that you need add to the system you already have?
        • What exactly are the specifications for things you want/need to add?

There are a lot of different things you could do.  The questions that remain are:

• What is your interest in the current system?
    • Do you own it?
    • Is it a business?
    • Are you an employee assigned to manage or maintain?
      • What level of a developer are you?
    • Is there some reason you are not being totally forthcoming?
      • To have any chance of helping we need specific details (code, db structure, possibly sample data)
        • Are there reasons you can't/won't provide that?
  • What do you think that anyone could do here to help you?
    • We can't solve problems without being able to see code and database structure and possibly even data
  • What advice do I have?
    • You could and probably should, engage someone to help you understand your system and get you out of crisis mode
      • This person should be a PHP, MySQL and system administration expert
    • The current system might be 100% custom, or it could be based on a framework.
      • If it is, you need someone who either has experience with that framework, or is good enough to figure out what they need to know

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.