Help with PHP form and action button

Sysadmin20

Hello friends,

My name is Jay and I'm a sys admin and have very little experience with PHP and stuff. We have an internal system developed by a dev and I'm trying to make some changes to it and hoping if someone could help.

So we have a simple results page which will fetch records from a MySQL table and display in table format. 

This is the code file - https://pastebin.com/VwxAVY9y

I'm trying to add a delete button next to each records and delete those records dynamically. I don't need a warning or any prompt/confirmation etc.

So I added a 3rd column as "<th>Action</th>" but I'm having a hard time incorporating the AJAX delete function within the echo "<td> </td>" section. 

I did quite a lot of google search and couldn't figure this out. 

What I want is a colum with a delete button like this attached screenshot. 

Any help is appreciated :)

Cheers

Jay

Monosnap Delete Data From SQL Table Using PHP & MySQL 2023-02-03 18-24-55.png

Edited by Sysadmin20

Each button needs to know which result it's supposed to delete. Since you're doing this with AJAX you have a lot of flexibility in how to go about it, but my preferred is a data attribute.

<button data-deletes-record="(id goes here)">Delete</button>

With jQuery, you can then wait for a click event on a button with that attribute,

$("#allRecords").on("click", "button[data-deletes-record]", function() {

Inside that you can grab the ID with .attr() or .data() and then pass it through AJAX...

6 minutes ago, requinix said:

Each button needs to know which result it's supposed to delete. Since you're doing this with AJAX you have a lot of flexibility in how to go about it, but my preferred is a data attribute.

<button data-deletes-record="(id goes here)">Delete</button>

With jQuery, you can then wait for a click event on a button with that attribute,

$("#allRecords").on("click", "button[data-deletes-record]", function() {

Inside that you can grab the ID with .attr() or .data() and then pass it through AJAX...

Thanks for the reply. I'm not sure if I can write that code but at least now I know what to research online. I'll give it a try. Thank you :) 

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.