Homebrew troubles..

hi, so far with Homebrew I have installed Tomcat and Java.. however, when I search for Tomcat or Java I simply can't find them anywhere in my computer... the Tomcat installation comes comes with a bunch of dirs, among them a dir webapps, which is where you put the websites in Tomcat.. I can't find any of it...  I have attached a screenshot of the Tomcat file structure in my old computer..  I can't find any of these dirs in my current computer after having installed Tomcat..

is stuff installed with Homebrew so hidden or something that you just can't find them?  if I want to look at error logs in Tomcat, for example, how would I go about that?  or if I want to get to the conf dir, which is where the config files are in Tomcat?  not to speak of the web apps dir?

I just don't get this.. I installed PHP env with MAMP, it works fine....  if I can't solve these Homebrew issues I won't use it...  I'll just install Java, Tomcat, "manually"... 

thank you for any help/suggestions..

tomcat.jpg

Edited by maya8989

It is pretty hard know what to tell you, as there are a lot of potential variables regarding the type of mac you are using and the OS version.

If one of your primary uses of your mac is java development, then I wouldn't recommend homebrew.  I would suggest that you install either the openjdk or oracle version of the sdk.

This article covers installation of the current version of OS/X (Ventura) https://wolfpaulus.com/tomcat/

hi.. thank you for your response..

my primary development will actually be in PHP... 

I actually would use Tomcat and Java very little...

but I still would like to know why I can't find anything in my computer that I have installed with Homebrew.. is this normal? it just doesn't make sense to me...

now if I type "brew help" or any other "brew" command in Terminal it says "brew command not found"...

I don't get this... this Homebrew thing is truly bizarre...

(it was installed.. I clicked on up arrow and found my commands from last week to brew-install both Tomcat and Java..  it didn't tell me then that it couldn't find command "brew"....)  I just don't get this...  I executed again the command to install Tomcat and again got told "brew" command not found..

so now my Homebrew just disappeared? this is not too reliable...

Edited by maya8989

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.