Using Header on PHP does not work

davidd07

I have an issue trying to use 

header("location: admin.php");

on a login.php form. When finally finishing off all the username and password message I can not log in to the admin page, vier the the login. The login page starts with if ($_SERVER["REQUEST_METHOD"] == "POST") { then usual username and password. Changing something else to header("location: http://www.d__.com");  will work.

It has something to do with location: ../admin.php or .admin.php I don’t know….

Hope this makes sense. 

19 minutes ago, davidd07 said:

I can not log in to the admin page

what symptom or error are you getting that leads you to believe that?

btw - the only redirect you should have in your post method form processing code should be to the exact same url of the form processing code to cause a get request for that page. this will prevent the browser from trying to resubmit the form data should the user reload the page or navigate away from and back to that page, which will let someone use the developer console network tab to see what the username and password is. if you want the user to be able to go to some other page, provide navigation links.

Edited by mac_gyver

Yes sorry I have actually fixed it, I deleted the following

$username = isset($_POST['username']) ? $_POST['username'] : '';
                $password = isset($_POST['password']) ? $_POST['password'] : '';

Then by doing so, I can run the header() again, as what it was doing was not running on localhost. Hope it makes sense.

Thanks.

I don't know why the simple header command is not working for you.  UNLESS it's the lack of a capital L on 'location'.  I have always used it that way and have only seen it that way.  And it must be followed by an exit command

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.