Connect two tables

PeterBubresko

I am in the process of putting together a system where I include a MySQL database. In this I have table user which contains username in the form of an email address, and the password. The page includes a good deal of user information, therefore passwords and usernames are separated to only be in the users table. The other user information I need, but which is kept away from the users table, is the user_inf table. Is it possible to somehow connect these two tables together? so that I can still retrieve the user information where I want/need? This has something to do with the fact that I need the user's e-mail address elsewhere together with the information in the user_inf table, yes also..... argh, forget it.
Is there a solution so that my users do not need to register their e-mail address in two places in the registration form in order to save it in two different tables? Primary key is ID .

7 minutes ago, PeterBubresko said:

Is there a solution so that my users do not need to register their e-mail address in two places

Indeed there is. In fact the email address should not be in two places. The only item that would appear in more than one table is the ID.

Just JOIN the tables on the user_id when you need info from both tables.