Go daddy moved web sites to a new computer. Cannot log in with password.

I am not sure if this is a cpanel problem or coding problem.  I found another post from 4 years ago with almost an identical error code and it had something to do with an ini file in the cpanel i think.  I am not very good with the cpanel, so im at a loss.  I talked with several people from godaddy yesterday.  They said they can't help even though whatever they did caused the problem.  This is for a golf leage that I wrote most of the code for several years ago.  They could take me back to php 5.6.  This was written around 5.2 I believe.  I am not very good with php!

This is the error I am getting:

start error  [28-Mar-2024 12:52:36 UTC] PHP Warning: session_start(): open(/var/cpanel/php/sessions/ea-php56/sess_6308705c679006fc92d1c71ffed09d18, O_RDWR) failed: No such file or directory (2) in /home/rgxb6tc5wk5q/public_html/golf/login/login.php on line 20

[28-Mar-2024 12:52:36 UTC] PHP Warning: session_start(): Failed to read session data: files (path: /var/cpanel/php/sessions/ea-php56) in /home/rgxb6tc5wk5q/public_html/golf/login/login.php on line 20  end of error.

Sure would appreciate any help!!  Please let me know if you need code.

Charlie

the session.save_path setting in the php.ini is pointing to a now non-existent/non-accessible folder. you need to see of there is already an appropriate folder within your account's directory tree /home/rgxb6tc5wk5q/... for session data files and set the session.save_path setting to point to it, and if a folder doesn't exist, create it and set the session.save_path setting to point to it.

when your account was created/moved they should have had templates setup to do this automatically.

• Great Answer 1

OK..  Yes godaddy has been little help.  They never got back to me and after finally figuring out how to get to the phpinfo file in cpanel, it was set to php 7.4  instead of 5.6 which is what they told me it had been set to.  Water over the dam I guess.

At any rate I checked in the phpinfo file and it looks like it is set to the correct file path in php.ini.  BUT IT STILL DOESN'T WORK!

After several hours of screwing around with this I am at a loss again.

I did see that possibly set the save session to /tmp could work, but i haven't done that as I am afraid of doing more damage.  I am not sure how to move forward with this but would really like to get it fixed!

Any more suggestions please?

Charlie

let's start at the beginning. why was your account moved to a different server?

next, you need to create a .php script file with a phpinfo(); statement in it, e.g. <?php phpinfo(); ?> , in your document root folder, and browse to the URL of this file, e.g. https//your_domain.com/the_file_you_just_created.php  in the resulting web page, you/we need to know what is shown for the Loaded Configuration File setting and the session.save_path setting (both the local and master values.)

Thanks for the suggestions.  I did find a solution which seems funky, but worked.  In php.ini I changed the save session to an empty string.  I had seen this fix in another search.  Hope this is a permanent fix.  Not sure but we will see!

Charlie