Locale not found on this Web Server

Calculus2024

HI All,

I am now running Zabbix with php-8.3 on httpd. It's all on FreeBSD. Everything has worked flawlessly for the past three years with php-8.1. Just today, I upgraded to php8.3 and now I am getting the error: 

Locale for language "en_US" is not found on the web server. Tried to set: en_US, en_US.utf8, en_US.UTF-8, en_US.iso885915 . . .

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks very much for your reply. I actually had seen most of these articles. With most of them, it was a new install and there was something else left to install to get it working. In my case, it was working before and upgrading PHP broke it. I admit the errors are the same so I had tried the BSD equivalent to the Linux locale commands in the articles but so far, nothing has worked.

Simply upgrading PHP shouldn't cause locales to change. Are you sure nothing else happened at the same time?

And I assume you've tried `dpkg-reconfigure locales` and restarted everything after? Does your system have the en_US locales installed?

Nothing else that I can see. I upgraded the OS from FreeBSD 13.4 to 13.4. I checked my Zabbix interface after that upgrade and everything was still fine. Then I upgraded php from 8.1 to 8.3 along with zabbix php-frontend to match the new php version. When I checked the interface afterwards, I saw the error.

I used the BSD equivalent to the Debian dpkg-reconfigure locale command. The locales command shows en_US to be present on the BSD server. 

And you're sure that means they're installed, not simply available to install? And you're sure that you restarted whatever is running PHP (which is probably Apache but it depends on your setup)? Tried restarting the whole server?
What all does `locale -a` list, and what does it say specifically for en_US?

Everything I can find says that the issue is some combination of not having installed the locales and/or not restarting after doing so.