[SOLVED] [RESOLVED] date formats

BarneyJoe

OK - I looked at this a while ago (Nov 23). I have a mySQL database with a date entered field, and am just trying to display it more sensibly in the web pages.

I have a query that looks like :

[code]mysql_select_db($database_Photolibrary, $Photolibrary);
$query_DateFormat = "SELECT date_format(Date_Added, '%D %b %Y') as formatted_date FROM photos";
$DateFormat = mysql_query($query_DateFormat, $Photolibrary) or die(mysql_error());
$row_DateFormat = mysql_fetch_assoc($DateFormat);
$totalRows_DateFormat = mysql_num_rows($DateFormat);[/code]

And I have my output code that looks like :

[code=php:0]<?php echo $row_DateFormat['formatted_date']; ?>[/code]

Basically the day I did this I thought it was working fine, as records I added sure enough displayed as 23rd November 2006.

The trouble is that every record added since then [b][i]also[/i][/b] displays as 23rd November 2006, even tho' the actual date field in the database table has the correct date stored.

Any ideas what's going on here?

looks like you are grabbing all your records but you are not looping through them so it will only return the last record it has in the array.
[code]<?php
mysql_select_db($database_Photolibrary, $Photolibrary);
$query_DateFormat = "SELECT date_format(Date_Added, '%D %b %Y') as formatted_date FROM photos";
$DateFormat = mysql_query($query_DateFormat, $Photolibrary) or die(mysql_error());
$totalRows_DateFormat = mysql_num_rows($DateFormat);
while($row_DateFormat = mysql_fetch_assoc($DateFormat)){
echo $row_DateFormat['formatted_date']."<br>";
}
?>[/code]

As ober said, if you only want one record add a WHERE clause in there then the loop will not be needed

Ray

D'oh! I had another query on the page already, but just forgot the WHERE clause in this one.

So just needed to change it to

[code]
("SELECT date_format(Date_Added, '%%D %%b %%Y') as formatted_date FROM photos WHERE Photo_ID = %s", $colname_DateFormat);[/code]

Thank you!

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.