(solved) couple of questions about apache

Ninjakreborn

Ok, after some studying, I found out some stuff about servers, not much.
However I have differentiated IIS and apache (knowing the difference)
I have installed apache, and created a folder under c:/wamp/www/primerolatino
I have a few questions, I can't figure out and was looking for some advice.

* I have 3 domain names pointing to the dns servers for vps land.  However how do I actually point the site's themselves over to the proper folder in apache.
I need to get the three domain names over to that folder, so when someone goes to www.thewebsite.com it comes up to that folder on that server.  Is there a way to do this with/in wamp itself, or is there something I need to install externally to manage (handle) the domains, if so does anyone know of something that is free, with pretty decent instructions on how to run it, since I know next to nothing for do it yourself domain management.

* I need to install phpmyadmin in the same folder as the website so I can visit it www.domainname.com/pma
Can I  just move the phpmyadmin folder in apache, and have apache still remember all the settings and know where it is (I don't know a whole lot about software)

I tried to get as many of these answers as I could by looking, these 2 I couldn't find, the rest I had, I found answers to.

I went ahead and followed the advice on here earlier, I learnt some things from it
* How to install wamp
* The relationship between wamp and IIS (or the lack thereof)
* How to configure wamp
* A little bit of the internal workings of php/mysql/apache
* How servers work on an OS
* a few tip's and tricks here and there
but in the end I fell back, and realized, I learnt some, let's leave it at that for this project
I told him,t hat was all I could do, and he needs to get a server tech to do the rest(point domain name to the folder), get phpmyadmin in the url folder

I went ahead and marked this whole project up, as for lessons learnt.  learnt some about server's, next time I have another project like it, I will step it up and notch, and try to expand on that knowledge, for now I am burnt out with servers for awhile.

Atleast it's all taken care of, after he set's up the servers, I can start doing the website itself.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.