Internet Explorer [7] and large forms

gotoandflash

Hi there,

I was wondering if anybody knew about submitting large forms.  I have a calendar in which all the days are form text inputs that are named list[n][data], i being the key.  In addition there are hidden inputs for list[n][day] and list[n][location] (just another thing I needed for my application).  Added up, this is a lot of text data and the page is huge, weighing in at almost 300Kb.  The submitted form data is also huge because it submits the data for all the days despite whether there is text in it or not.  On firefox and opera the form submits though it takes a while to send the data.  On IE7 however the form only works sporadically and I haven't been able to see any patterns as to why it is working or not.  I do know that if I enlarge the amount of data being sent by increasing the number of fields in my form then IE seems to always fail so I think the problem lies in the browser and the size of the data being sent. 

Does anybody know why this might be happening or is there a better way I can implement my calendar (other than having a fill-in-the-date and information form).  I hope I have explained this clearly enough (I'm not too good at explaining things)

Thanks in advance!

Darren

*edit* fixed i in quotes that was making the whole thing italicized
fenway: [n] should be really be the variable "i"

???? Sure I replied to a different thread with that post!!!!!!!

IN the matter of this thread - use print_r($_POST); to output all your posted data and see if any is missing or check the field names match up. Then you can go through your code and see which part of the post array is hurting you.

Thanks for the advice.  I tried debugging for a while but in the end I couldnt find any problem with the script.  Then I brought up the page on my laptop (instead of the desktop) and tried it again on IE7 and it worked.  My desktop has a lot of spyware and IE is especially bad so that may have contributed to the problem.  Its not good that it doesnt work on my desktop but its acceptable for now.

Thanks for the replies!

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.