Image Map Multiple Selections

vigiw

Hi, I have a PHP form with an image map.  I would like the image map to output specific text for each hotspot, and enter it into a form field.

Is this possible?  And is it possible with multiple at one time without having to refresh?

For example--

I would have a map of Massachusetts, and the map may contain northeast, southeast, west, and central as 4 different hotspots.  And the form submitter happens to choose maybe 3 of these.

How do I make it so the selections, and only the selections, all show together in the form field?  I tried this with PHP but it only outputs 1 and refreshes for the next, and I was told to go for Javascript.  I am inexperiened with Javascript and would appreciate some help.

Thanks in advance!

No,

I mean this is a PHP Form that submits to a MySQL database, that is why it is PHP, and that part is done and working.  I want to make an image map and allow the person submitting the form to click any hotspots they want, maybe they want multiple and click 3 of however many hotspots there may be.  I would like those 3 or however many hotspots the person clicked, to be entered together in one field in this PHP form.

So if the person click North, east, and south, I want it to appear in the form field:

North, East, South

I'm not sure how to implement this.

Thanks

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.