Board "Subscriptions"?

I don't think I've run across this before, and it's more because I'm just too lazy to scroll... but other than collapsing the board sections that I'm not participating in, is there any way to selectively show only the boards that I'm following?

Just curious... if it's not built into SMF, I don't care enough, and neither should anyone else.  ;)

No... and I wish that there was.  I'd collapse a lot more boards.

One thing I do, however, is to set a subscription to boards that don't get a ton of traffic but that I like to be aware of (AJAX board, for example).  So I get an email everytime there is a new thread in that board.  There's a link to the thread and I hit up other threads once I get in there.  I still have that grouping expanded, however, since I check it randomly thoughout the day for replies.

I give that a thumbs up.  I would like it be a bit more detailed though.  Like for instance, in the usercp, if there were a link that showed a list of [i]all[/i] the forums for every section (not just having to see, or "subscribe to" the section as a whole), with a checkbox next to each one, and you can check/uncheck the ones you want to be visible to you.  That would be awesome.

Jay!

Well in the Development Version (the one after 1.1.1) there is an option to ignore boards.  The boards will be show in the index but when you go to Unread Posts it won't show posts from boards that you have ignored.  You can just register over at simplemachines.org and give it a shot.

[quote author=ober link=topic=123831.msg512893#msg512893 date=1169692097]
Could I be the only person in the world that doesn't use the "unread posts" thing?  That wouldn't help me at all.
[/quote]
I use it a lot :P.  Well you can always do something like this.
http://www.phpfreaks.com/forums/index.php?action=unread;boards=1,62,58 Unread posts in certain boards.
http://www.phpfreaks.com/forums/index.php?action=unread;c=35 <-- That will give unread posts in a category.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.