[SOLVED] spacing between table rows in Internet Explorer

neylitalo

I'm converting a template I was given to something that will work efficiently in my employer's CMS, and have gotten it all straightened out except for one thing: I get some nasty ~2px spacing between all table rows in Internet Explorer, and a ~2px spacing between table rows 2 and 3 in Opera. And since two (or more) heads are better than one, I figured I'd let you guys have a try at it.

Some quick notes for your convenience:

1) cellpadding and cellspacing on the table are both 0.

2) There is no margin between <tr>s.

3) I cannot remove the tables. A CSS or simple attribute change is perfect, as well as less than major modifications to the layout.

4) I definitely did not make this template. Sorry for the nasty tables.

And thanks in advance for helping me with this one.

Edit by me:URL removed.

Best guess is that all of the whitespace in the html code is the cause.  If it were possible to structure each data cell as <td ..>cell content</td>, i.e. one continuous line for each cell, then those white spaces in the rendered page would most likely disappear.  If that's the problem and you can't "get at" whatever generates the code, I'd say you're stuck with it as is.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.