[SOLVED] php.ini

ted_chou12

who has a standard php.ini file that I can have a look at, (and maybe use it for my website). Can anyone please also guide me as to where i should place it? (under which directory). Please?

btw, i am specifically looking for ones that turns error reporting on and off.

Thanks

Ted

you can set that in you php script.

use

ini_set('error_reporting', #VALUE);

Where value is corresponds to the setting you want from this table http://uk2.php.net/manual/en/ref.errorfunc.php#errorfunc.constants

REMEMBER to take note of version notes in teh NOTE coulmn - particularly on 'E_ALL'

The php.ini file is a global configuration file so unless you have root access to the server, ini_set or .htaccess are your best options.

Some hosts have there installs setup differently and may let you have your own custom php.ini within a local dir, you'll need to look at your hosts docs.

i think i do have a root access of my server, i kind of searched it on google, the php.ini file is located in a folder called etc, which, is in my control. however, it doesnt have a php.ini file, i uploaded my own, but the configuration doesnt seem to effect my server in anyway.

Thanks

Ted

Your php.ini could be anywhere, mine is in /etc/php/php.ini, your best to check by running....

<?php
  phpinfo();
?>

This will show you where your php.ini is. Remember, if you make any changes, you need to restar the server for them to take effect.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.