[SOLVED] Direct Link to Form

tmh766

I dont understand the syntax on how to do that. What would be the link to "simulate the clicking" of a submit button in a form on the page, for example "page.html". I hope I am explaining this clear enough.

So basically instead of going to a seperate page and clicking submit on a form, I want to directly link to the seperate page's form's submit button.

You're saying you have two pages, one with a link and one with a form. You click on the link in the first, and it automatically submits the second?

Why not just combine into one page.

You'd need to do the javascript on the second page anyway, so I don't see how having two pages makes sense.

Yes, I am trying to make the link in the first page simulate the clicking of the submit button in the form on the second. The reason I cant make it in to one page, is because the second page is not mine. Basically I am trying to bypass a confirm page because its not needed.

Lolol, no :) but i do love neo pets, that can be next week :). I am trying to bypass the confirm add friend page on myspace. The only way to do this would be to simulate the clicking of the confirm button. Any ideas on how it is possible to automatically simulate this?

When you're on the page where the confirm pops up, right click and view the source. find the action="" part of the form. Then find all the values in the form, the inputs, any hidden, etc.

Then you make a similar form and make your action go there. Basically copy the form, minus the javascript confirm. Then we can go from there.

Here is the forms structure without the real links.

<form name="addFriend" action="myspacelink" method="post" >

<input type="hidden" name="hashcode" value="longhashvalue">

<input type="hidden" name="friendID" value="theirfriendid">

<input type="submit" value="Add to Friends">

<input type="button" value="Cancel" onclick="window.history.back()">

Here is the forms structure with the real links from a random user.

<form name="addFriend" action="http://collect.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=invite.addFriendsProcess&Mytoken=909A2E2B-88B4-4E7D-8B2DA5A777A432F798631754" method="post" >

<input type="hidden" name="hashcode" value="MIGVBgorBgEEAYI3WAOqoIGGMIGDBgorBgEEAYI3WAMBoHUwcwIDAgABAgJmAwICAMAECBvhIvr2wAuDBBAEjamhOiQZAiychlc+uNoYBEhFSu9EUbxzt7M9asVllXEX1SA6DQWcdHU/6lsjk8t3obM7jLhpO/icyWWiykS4RBBCnYUVL1j611S132EYCI5NFtJvfcYxBis=">

<input type="hidden" name="friendID" value="156840420">

<input type="submit" value="Add to Friends">

<input type="button" value="Cancel" onclick="window.history.back()">

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.