Protect php source code

o3d

keeB, you're making the assumption that your clients know what's best for them :)

Isn't it my job as a vendor to advise my clients when buying my software? As I said, if you're smart you lose nothing. Drop the price in lieu of a support contract, or increase the price for a 1-off.

Win win.

If you're going to make a PHP extension, make one that includes a function for compiling a php string to opcodes (e.g. opcode_compile()), and a function that can execute a string containing opcodes (e.g. opcode_eval()).

Should be a mayor performance booster.

Now THAT I would have interest in.

EDIT: Apparently, something already exists: http://nl.php.net/manual/en/intro.bcompiler.php. Supposedly not stable though.

• 1 month later...

@devreflex2004

Same problem , once client just ran away taking my script and not paying any money too :(

Original Code -> Base64 Encode -> DES Encrypt -> Encrypted Code [Encryption Process]

Encrypted Code -> DES Decrypt -> Base 64 Decode -> Original Code [Decryption Process]

I will try to use this . :)

• 1 month later...

Check out v2. It now includes a date expiry feature where you can specify a date (optional). When the encrypted script gets executed after this date the php extension will return with an expiry error. Php programmers will now have more control over their software. If you're not sure if a customer will pay, then give them e.g. a 1 month trial.

I would appreciate any criticism and suggestions regarding this project.

• 2 months later...

I am interested about the PHP hideit.  I am using windows actually.  can php hideit work on windows? I download the version 2 and use the hide.exe and may be encrypt successfully.  But i think to run the file correctly, we need the php extension(.dll) right? How to compile the php extenstion?

By the way. anyone here know how to compile php file into binary instead of encode or encrypt it?

Thank

• 3 months later...

I am interested about the PHP hideit.  I am using windows actually.  can php hideit work on windows? I download the version 2 and use the hide.exe and may be encrypt successfully.  But i think to run the file correctly, we need the php extension(.dll) right? How to compile the php extenstion?

By the way. anyone here know how to compile php file into binary instead of encode or encrypt it?

Thank

check this link http://forums.opensuse.org/programming-scripting/394951-compile-php-script-how.html as well as this http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PHP.

It basically says that you can use zend's closed-source solution Zend optimizer (http://www.zend.com/products/guard/optimizer/) to compile your scripts so that some performance gains can be achieved. I however doubt that you will notice any performance enhancement over a few hundred nano seconds. But this might be a solution to your question. Wrt your question about the windows version, you'll need microsoft visual c or studio to build your extension. There are quite a few microsoft tutorials on the web. Let me know if you get it compiled so I can put it on the php hide it site  :)

• 1 year later...
This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.