What php Editor would YOU recommend?

Scabby

I do not use anything else then Zend Studio. Even it's slow, even it's written in java, even it's bugged, it's still the best php ide i ever used.

There isn't much PHP IDE's who support code completion of you own classes (even that you need to open the source file:)

I use PHP Designer, but I would switch to anything else at any time if I felt the need. Personally, I believe that no editor should help or hinder you learning and creating code. Yes, I think highlighting is absolutely necessary and auto-completion can save time, but beyond that, you could do fine just using notepad.

I still use the big "no no" - notepad. I code faster in notepad than I do with any IDE. Speed is based on reusing code, well structured code, and good programming logic.

Notepad + Local Apache Test Server

Many companies will not hire someone who says they use notepad. In fact, a lot of self acclaimed "expert programmers" give the advice that if they use notepad, don't hire them; and yes people do believe them. It doesn't really matter to me though because I know I am much faster, efficient, and secure using notepad and have enough ambitions to make it on my own anyway.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.