Quality Product

The Little Guy

Well... I have added on to my network this new site. It has content, is it too much on the homepage?

There is also only 2 products so far (At the time of this posting) 1 is a camera and the other is Spy Sweeper. Spy Sweeper has not yet been assigned to a category yet, (Registered users decide the category). The Cannon camera has been.

Click on Browse and search for (Search within all categories):

Cannon Webroot <-- This will bring up both, you can also search for one at a time too

http://qualityproduct.tzfiles.com

-- I don't mind if you sign up and add some products (Obviously).

Looks like something that would useful when it fills up. I'm not a huge fan of the banner, but firstly, it isn't a big deal, and it can be fixed easily.

On the left hand side, instead of having a huge list, I would make a drop down and a little go button so it isn't such a huge, for lack of better words, eye-catcher.

I don't necessarily think there is too much content on the page, but instead just a little unbalanced in terms of the position of the content on the screen. I think a drop-down could solve that. Include some photos or tiny graphics (even if it's just Textart) to give it some "shine". I understand it is about content, but it shouldn't be completely deprived of some eye-candy.  :D

For the future, I think it would be nice to have a little "Just Added" and "Hot Product" list on the front page, similar to eBay or Amazon.com. Its an easy way to get a user clicking and into the web of products. On certain pages you can even add, "If you like this, certain users also liked:" and include that list to keep people in the loop. I find when I'm browsing, due to laziness, this is helpful.

It looks promising.

What I believe that a shopping site should look like is colorful, and have more product images rather than texts, so it can make the site more attractive to visitors, and try to move the product images to the center, not at the right margin where no one can see them, shopping sites should try to promote their products, not their contents.

The navigation bar on the left, you have a lot of categories, that is good, but, however, no one would have the time and energy to look down each one on the list, I suggest you have some main categories, like put technologies together, entertainment together, and stuff like that. Also, have some small icons beside each text link, they dont have to be big, but they do bring a lot of interests to your site.

The footer should be reorganized.

Maybe you should have some pages like about us, faq, service, contact us, and put your current main page content in those.

Hope that helps.

Ted

I am working on getting more products, so as soon as I get more, I will have more images on the home page, such as today's top games, electronics, music, etc.

According to your post ted_chou12, it sounds to me like you are getting the impression that this is a shoping site, and to make things clear, it isn't.

Ill try to slim down the left category bar asap.

Thanks.

• 3 weeks later...

You should set up the homepage so that all the images are in a flat row, and below that the text are in a flat row, instead of having that uneven choppy whatever you want to call it. Or instead you can make all the images the same size...

Instead of having that "home" link, link the logo at the top. Have one register link instead of two.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.