Shoutbox - What do you think?

papaface

Hello,

I am currently coding a shoutbox hosting script, and I was wondering what people think of one of the pre-set styles for the shoutbox.

http://papaface.com/shoutbox/myshout.php?id=605e67b5353eba817ce7630385fd4f60&&style=1 this is the style which is a preset.

If you remove the &&style=1 from the url you will see the customised version of the shoutbox (im still coding it so please dont comment on its appearence.).

Are there any suggestions on how to make the shoutbox (pre-set) better?

Test the pre-set in any way you like, its a test shoutbox.

Thanks

Thanks for the suggestion on the bb window front. As for the text box, i would only be able to make it 1 row higher really, because the shoutbox gets included in a page via an iframe, and because of that I want to keep it as small as possible.

Thanks for your input.

Being able to see more than 3 shouts would be good too, also, I'm not sure if anyone else has this issue but could the 'submit' and 'clear' buttons be closer together? Maybe it's just my browser (I'm using Camino) but they're currently sort of annoyingly far apart.

Cool :) Really like it.

Another suggestion- when you click on "name" or "message" make it select the text so the user doesn't have to first delete the default value and then enter his text.

This can be done with simple javascript.

Orio.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.