Network Shares on Win2K Server

R_P

I am running Windows 2K Server and was having trouble accessing network shares with apache. I've mapped a drive letter to the particular share, and have given the apache service the user account which accesses the share. I have tried both creating an alias using the network drive and a virtual host using the network drive as the document root. In both instances I receive a 403 Forbidden error (you do not have permission to access /dir/ on this server).

My best guess is I'm missing a Windows permission error somewhere - though I've been through the permissions on the Apache machine and shared machine. Anyone else encounter this issue? Has anyone been able to do this successfully?

Ryan

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.