[SOLVED] Need Help - Firefox Compatibillity

lesham

My site looks fine running under IE, but some users may be using Firefox and i want to make it the same as the way it looks in IE.  If you go to www.farmersofsalem.com you will see our site.  It has a redirect script running so if your running Firefox, you will get directed to the same exact page, but a test copy.  I cant seem to get it to look like the other.  Any suggestions, help appriciated.

If you actually go to the website, using IE 5 or above, it looks fine.  But if you go to the site using firefox, the buttons are bumped down a line, making it hard to use, and there are unwanted spaces inbetween each button but when taken out of the code, the display remains the same, my main problem is getting the buttons all on the same line and to the width of my header.  I want my firefox page to look exactly as if it was viewed in IE but im having troubles getting it to that point.  I use frames but that is not the area that is affected.

I understand what you're saying, but your direction of approach is backward. Firefox is the more compatible of the browsers, by far. With this in mind, you'll be much better off starting your CSS over again (at least for that area of your site) using compliant code that will look good in Firefox. Then, once you have that, make adjustments for IE.

If you try to approach it from the other angle, I can almost guarantee you'll bang your head into more walls and spend double the time debugging.

Thanks for your input, i did manage to make changes needed, and it looks better now.  the site was already created, so me working backwards was actually me touching up what was needed. but next time i need to do something i will make it work for ff b4 ie. TY GUYS !!!

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.