[SOLVED] Mercury Mail

Ninjakreborn

I am using XXAMPP (sorry spelling).  I am using there mercury mail system to try to setup the mail server, then setup apache to point to a webmail version using www.domainname.com/mail

Is this possible using xxampp and just mercury mail.  Is there any instructions on how to actual setup mercury mail, or is that not possible for that web mail?

I just want to setup the mail server, and in the end him be able to visit www.website.com/mail and it comes up to a login for his mail, and he can check it, send them, or whatever else there.  If he has like 8 inboxes, I want him to be able to get into all of them from the same login area, or something similar. Or maybe login and then be able to pick the account, does anyone have advice on this?

Ok, I figured out most of it.  I installed and setup mailenable, a program I found that seemed to work well.  I also found hordemaill, and uploaded all of that upto my directory.  However when I visit www.domainname.com/webmail (the folder I put it in) it tells me to run the setup script.  I tried going www.domainname.com/webmail/scripts/setup.php which is the exact one, and it tells me forbidden.  (it's windows so there are no permissions), and my ftp server is setup to allow all permissions. It also doesn't work at www.domainname.com/webmail/scripts

it doesn't let me into anything there either, what do I need to do to get access to that setup script.

Ok, mailenable is setup.

Hordemail has also been setup on the server, and hte login area for hordemail can be accessed via the browse.  Right now, I am trying to login using his email address name, and password I picked for it.  It says login failed, is there a step I am missing somewhere, I am unaware of.

When I ran the command line client.  I ended up feeding it the database information, it successfully created all the databases. All of that went fine.  From there, I went ahead and configured an admin user, using his email address as the username, and the password, as the password.  When I try to login it's not working, I tried every combination even the username/password for the database.  Nothing is letting me login.

First, that first part isn't a sentence or anything resembling a sentence.

Second, wouldn't it be painfully obvious that after 5 of your own replies, no one on this board has a way to help you and that it would probably benefit you to find the MySQL/Mercury Mail manual and try reading that?

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.