Looping through POST vars

matthines

I have a problem with a script. 

Here is a link to the working script: http://66.194.88.152/$sitepreview/autowarrantyus.com/admin.php

Basically, the script prints out many different text boxes which are to be filled with insurance rates.

My input names look like this: 0015*6060*9*bronze

Each * seperates a different value that I extract when the page is updated.

My problem may be SQL related.  Basically, everything works but when I update the top value, it updates every record in the category.

Here is the snippet of code I use to update the DB:

foreach ($_POST as $k => $v)

{

print_r($_POST);

$price = $v;

$arr = explode("*",$k);

$term = $arr[0];

$milmon = $arr[1];

$months = $milmon{0} . $milmon{1};

$miles = substr($milmon, 2);

$class = $arr[2];

$level = $arr[3];

echo $term . "  " . $months . "    " . $miles . "    " . $class . "    " . $level . "  " . $price;

$query = mysql_query("SELECT * FROM rates WHERE class='$class' AND newterm='$term' AND level='$level' AND months='$months' AND mileage='$miles'");

$res = mysql_fetch_array($query);

$id = $res["id"];

mysql_query("UPDATE rates SET price='$price' WHERE id='$id'");

$price = "";

}

The problem is with the variable $class.  It is a value that ranges from 1 to 14 and for some reason, when I update one value, it updates each value in the category for all classes (1-14).  I need to update them individually.  I have a printout when it updates so that you can see each variable and its values split up.  If anyone could help, it would be greatly appreciated.

I seperated the values to make sure I did it correctly.  $class contains the proper value but when I run this command:

$query = mysql_query("SELECT * FROM rates WHERE class='$class' AND newterm='$term' AND level='$level' AND months='$months' AND mileage='$miles'");

It seems to ignore only class.  It updates the correct level, mileage and term ONLY but it updates every class within that scope.

Try this:

foreach($_POST as $k => $v)
{
$price	= $v;
list($term, $milmon, $class, $level) = explode("*", $k);
$months = $milmon{0}.$milmon{1};
$miles	= substr($milmon, 2);

echo "{$term}   {$months}   {$miles}   {$class}  {$level}   {$price}";
$query = mysql_query("SELECT * FROM rates WHERE class='{$class}' AND newterm='{$term}' AND level='{$level}' AND months='{$months}' AND mileage='{$miles}'");
mysql_query("UPDATE rates SET price='$price' WHERE id='{$res["id"]}'");
}

Thanks for the help guys!

I tried the newcode and added a part to unset all of the variables.  It still does not work.

It acts in the exact same way.  I just cant understand why it is changing 14 values.

New Code:

$price = $v;

list($term, $milmon, $class, $level) = explode("*", $k);

$months = $milmon{0}.$milmon{1};

$miles = substr($milmon, 2);

echo "{$term}  {$months}  {$miles}  {$class}  {$level}  {$price}";

$query = mysql_query("SELECT * FROM rates WHERE class='{$class}' AND newterm='{$term}' AND level='{$level}' AND months='{$months}' AND mileage='{$miles}'");

mysql_query("UPDATE rates SET price='$price' WHERE id='{$res["id"]}'");

unset($class); unset($miles); unset($months); unset($term); unset($level); unset($price);

If noone can help salvage this bit of code maybe you guys know of another way that I can create some code to go through all of the post variables and store them in a database.

Essentially, this program lets someone changes price rates.  There are hundreds of textboxes and I cant individually change them because that would take too much work.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.