[SOLVED] A few issues

Ninjakreborn

http://www.freelancebusinessmannetwork.com/

I am having a few issues with this.  I coded most of it but some of these issues aren't fixing.

1. In ie the content is way over to the right. instead of in the right position like on fire fox.

2. The footer is messed up quite a bit in both of them.

Can someone (if you have time, and notice anything) let me know how some of these issues can be fixed?

#1 is definitely horrible.

As far as the footer, I have made some decent progress, in getting it even with the top (using a border of the same color to remove the space).  That fixed that issue.

That last issue now with just the footer, is in Fire Fox, the text is way down low.  In Ie it's up high, I just need to get it right aligned (which it is in both), and in the middle of the footer.

Which isn't seeming to happen.  I have tried everything.  I tried alignment, absolute positioning, relative positioning, borders, removing margins and paddings all over the place, adding margins and paddings all over the place, nothing is seeming to get it aligned right.

It's aligned right on this end -- FF for Mac, most recent version.

If IE's choking, you might try nesting another div inside that footer and float:right;

if it's dropping below the line (which it's doing in a few offbeat browsers), try adding your last color to the background:

background: url(../images/bottombackground.gif) no-repeat #208daa;

IE 6 (windows) looks fine.

Firefox (newest version/windows) doesn't.

I just added what you said, no affect.  Normally fire fox doesn't give me problems, normally it's IE, but this time, it's the opposite.  I get fire fox right first then check in IE, I like fire fox more, and this time it's giving me problems.

The content as well is giving me problems, I have no idea why IE is adding another 120 pixels in there somehow, only IE knows the answer to that.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.