Orlando Villa website

gazever

Caution - needs sunglasses!!

The red is a visual assualt, the yellow or white text on blue is hard to read, and the blue itself is pretty horrid.  It's tough to critique something that's that hard on the eyes :)

If I was designing this site and I had settled on this particular layout (which is fine) I would change your body background to white and get rid of the red.  I'm not sure that I dig the green either.  I think you just need to play around with your color schemes at this point.

The trouble is these are the colours that the customer wanted, He just wants it to stand out from the competition, I will go back to him and let him know peoples thoughts though.

Thanks

P.s. I know it doesn't validate yet, it will

wants it to stand out from the competition

It does! It's looks tacky.

Standing out from the competition works with things like billboards - where there are a large number of things you could be looking at at the same time and one needs to stand out.  With web sites, people look at them one at a time and there's no visual competiton.  The only 'stand out' you need then is for your site visitors to think "OH, that looks nice" not wonder where the aspirin are before they click away from the site.

Well in that case as you know the customer is always....

If you get paid and the customer is satisfied then that's all that matters in the end, but if I had to pages open, yours and the one with the changes I recommended, I would look at the later first.

That is a lot better.

let's try a few more things:

- make the blue background a pale blue or atleast semi-pale

- lighten up the greys a little bit

- make those top nav buttons rollovers with the lighter grey

...it's getting there.

Ok, changed the blue, is that better or still too heavy?

The greys, are you talking about the current page on the navigation,

As for the rollovers its 4am now here been so going to leave that til another day, want to try and do it in css rather than javascript swapping images, is this very browser compatible,

i.e move horizontally -150px, for example

are the calendar colours ok, or were that the greys you were on about in the empty cells

Thanks

Gaz

1) "Your family deserves a wonderful holiday...

...and so do you too."

Remove that "too".

2) It would be nice if you had the buttons swap when you put your mouse over them, with a different (darker) shade of gray (Although lighter than the selected button's color).

Overall- Looks good :)

Orio.

1) Maybe you could seperate the logo/contact info from the navigation buttons with a different background or a horizontal line

2) It wasn't clear until mousing over that the grey 'late deals' box had a link, bolding "late deals" would help.

3) The calendar colours made me take two steps back.

I like your overall effect though and it loads fast.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.