Site for client...

forumnz

to slightly disagree with adamhhh, i think the sites downfall is the spacing. sometimes you have lots, sometimes not at all.

nice images, nice colours, etc - but with a bit more attention to detail in terms of sorting out the vast amount of whitespace and tidying up your nav a little bit, it could really begin to stand out.

cheers

I agree with the above try:

- taking out the 1px black border on the inside (but keep the padding/spacing the same

- put a black border under your banner maybe 5-10px to seperate the whole top part

- put some more padding on your nav bar links...they are too close to one another

- more padding on the right and left of the main body text (20px on both sides) - right now your text is almost bunping up against the image on the left in other pages

- try justifying your text instead of having it just aligning it to the left

try those and see how it comes out :)

• 3 weeks later...

I really dig that logo.  Overall layout is good.  If your client is happy thats what is important, if it were me than I would ditch the tables, but they most likely won't know the difference.  My suggestions are try on a dark grey background instead of the back.  Move the stuff that sits in style tags on the main page into a css file (just looks cleaner), and explore some hover type stuff for the links.  Not saying you need the hover links, but if you have the time explore it.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.