YouTube embed script

razta

Hello,

Im fairly new to PHP and programing in general. I want to start my first proper script and chuck myself in the deepend and hopefully come out the other end with some thing to show for.

Heres what I want to do:

I want a php page where my users can enter a title, description and a youtube embed code, the script then adds the post variables to another page which will be used to display the information provided and the youtube video, I also want the pages to be indexd so that they are easyly searchable, also a small admin area to delete the broken youtube links.

Any one have any suggestions, advice?

Thanks in advance,

Ryan

Just got a freindly PM from a member, thought id share with everyone.

For you ONLY topic here, at the PHP Help forum, you should know something...

A ) Your asking us to do your website for you, not asking for help.

B ) You don't sign up at a communtiy, and IMMEDIATLEY make your first post one asking for such a big task. Learn things yourself, obviously since your asking such simple questions, you are NOT a beginner at PHP, and you have no knowledge whatsoever.

Not a good idea. Please, honestly, just give up on your website. You probably don't have a .com domain anyways (I presume that because of your previous noob-ishness), so you wont be able to even use PHP anyways.

My answers to this PM:

a) Im not asking any one to code the php script for me, if I wanted some one to do it for me I would have posted in the freelancing catagory.

b) I signd up to the forum for the sole intention of learning and asking for some advice on a script that I wanted to programe. I am a begginer at PHP, I have a book called PHP and MYSQL by Larry Ullman that im half way through.

I have been running my profitable .co.uk website now for over a year now and have implemented some simple PHP code but nothing too complex. I wanst asking any one to tell me the entire code for what I intended to do I just wanted some advice from advanced forum users on the best way to go about completing the task at hand.

I hope that not all of the forum users here are as harsh as this guy "Warptweet". If my post was too vaig I apologise, and next time will try to explain my self more indepth.

Thank you,

Ryan

EDIT--

Your first post was near enough exacly the same as mine!!

Hi there. My website has a file uploading system, which people can upload their games. The only thing is, once they upload their game, they cant download or see it on my website!

My website is as of now incomplete. I need a way so that my downloads page lists ALL the uploaded files in my /uploads directory, BUT, I need another thing...

I need a code to MAKE a brand new page, for EACH and EVERY uploaded file in the /uploads directory. For instance, newgrounds.com, it creates a page for EACH and EVERY flash file uploaded to their website, with a downloads link. How can I do this?

Anyone have a tutorial for php page creation like this?

http://www.phpfreaks.com/forums/index.php/topic,118928.msg486422.html#msg486422

That was a topic from last year and by now, I know not to make the mistake, and am a very well taught and fast learning PHP Programming. Just because I did it before, does not make you right, and it doesn't mean you can't learn just like me. Everyone makes mistakes, that PM was not a declaratino of war, or something to stupidly think you'll make a difference by public posting a private message on the forums, hoping it will get you more help (whom it makes help run away)

and how did that Thread end????

Your missing the point of this forum. We don't do code for people. If your looking for a programmer post in the freelance forum, otherwise, post your specific problem.

Just like he said, he actually HELPED me, like Thorpe said a long long time ago...

Your missing the point of this forum. We don't do code for people. If your looking for a programmer post in the freelance forum, otherwise, post your specific problem.

P.S. It's kind of desperate to search through ALL my posts, just so you can say that.

This forum isn't for fighting, I suggest you leave if you continue fighting, as fighting is not welcome here.

Hello,

Im fairly new to PHP and programing in general. I want to start my first proper script and chuck myself in the deepend and hopefully come out the other end with some thing to show for.

Heres what I want to do:

I want a php page where my users can enter a title, description and a youtube embed code, the script then adds the post variables to another page which will be used to display the information provided and the youtube video, I also want the pages to be indexd so that they are easyly searchable, also a small admin area to delete the broken youtube links.

Any one have any suggestions, advice?

Thanks in advance,

Ryan

You should look into using mysql, you could create a table to store the information and use some simple queries for searching, mysql of course also makes it easy to administrate the submissions. You probably should try to do the code on your own a little and post parts that you have specific questions about. The google knows where a lot of tutorials are, I can also recommend http://www.pixel2life.com for more tutorials and http://www.hudzilla.org/php/ to learn php.

Again, that post was over a year ago, and so I found out, using a page creation method for everything is not efficient at all.

Instead, I thought of my own method without needing help by storing the data in MySQL Database, which also enables searching abilities. The only help I've needed was simple mistakes in spelling a peice of code incorrectly or the MySQL was working or such.

I suggest you learn MySQL like the guy above said.

Again, we cannot neccessarily help you, since you don't really have a problem your stating.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.