Including a mysql database

nicg

I have created a mysql database using phpmyadmin but am having difficulty loading the database into a php script. I think I know all parameters of a php include statement but I don't know exactly where my database is stored and I'm not sure what 'password' means and where to find it.

Any help (other than directing me to material I've already read) would be appreciated.

mysql_connect("localhost", "username", "password") or die("Could not connect to mysql");
mysql_select_db("database") or die("Could not connect to database");

this allows you to connect to a database. You get your username and password when you set your mysql and database up.

hope this helps you out

Whoops and thanks.

Just one more thing though. Is there any way to check what my username and password are as I can't remember. phpmyadmin says root@localhost but I'm not sure of the password. Is there any way to check?

Whoops and thanks.

Just one more thing though. Is there any way to check what my username and password are as I can't remember. phpmyadmin says root@localhost but I'm not sure of the password. Is there any way to check?

Easy.

Plan 'A': Just refer to the piece of paper where you wrote it down.

Plan 'B': Go to your server control panel and create a new username/password (and write it down), and new database, etc. and start over

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.