Cant edit my post?

Hi. I am launching my site this week and the link i provided in this topic \/

http://www.phpfreaks.com/forums/index.php/topic,124975.msg518580.html#msg518580

is showing up in Google, so i want to delete it. If its not just me being stupid and we cant in fact edit our own posts, then would one of the mods please be so kind as to delete it for me.

Thanks

Ryan

yeah iv got something similar

im launching my webgame in the next few weeks, and the only things showing up in google are the phpfreaks posts ove made concerning my database etc, and code etc.

is it possible for these not to come up in google?

Not really.  We can't control anything that shows up in google.  If you're producing something that will go into a live website, you may want to be careful about what details you provide in a help forum.

kk, no problem

how long does it take for a post to become redundent and be deleted off ther server?

If you are talking about your results being removed from Google searches, then I think it's a couple of weeks and a little longer for its cache. But that is of course only if the content is deleted/edited and the crawler has crawled it again.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.