font help

zhahaman2001

The short answer is that you can't use custom fonts.  If you just want to show your users what the font looks like create an image.

The long answer is that there are a few ways around the limitation.  One of the best I've seen, but only when used in a limited amount, is to use a flash media file.  You embed the font and then during page rendering pass it the text.  There's at least one good commercial one around, but I can't seem to find it at the moment.

That's right. If possible, try finding a font that you like that isn't a "custom" font. That's the way I look at it. The solutions listed by the previous post seem to complicate the situation. So reconsider your choice on using a custom font.

If you want to use a a custom font on your web page then look in to WEFT. WEFT allows you to embed non-standard fonts in your web page if the end user doesn't have your font installed on their computer.

Ideally you should not use non-standard fonts on webpages. You should use standard fonts that most of your end users will have on their PCs.

If you are using your font for small little things like Headings then I'd would suggest you images instead for that.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.