Creating somthing big

suckerr70

I have learned the basics of PHP and creating databases but now I want to create something bigger. How the heck do I use my knowledge to make something as complex as for example Digg.com? I would know how to create and manage all the user account and how to search through my database to display my results and just EVERYTHING. Any help? Thanks so much

sorry... thats not vague enough... please try to be a little less specific  :D LOL

um... basically you start with a template... then you add a little more... then you add a little more... then you add a little more... then you add a little more... then you add a little more... then you add a little more... then you add a little more... DEBUG then you add a little more... then you add a little more... then you add a little more... then you add a little more... then you add a little more... then you add a little more... then you add a little more... then you add a little more... DEBUG then you add a little more... then you add a little more... then you add a little more... DEBUG then you add a little more... then you add a little more... then you add a little more... then you add a little more... then you add a little more... then you add a little more... DEBUG (repeat untill your done!)

If you've only got a handle on the basics, start specializing.  The difficult part of programming is not learning a language but creating and implementing a design.

I have a simple assignment for you!  Create a linked list in PHP and then create an RPN calculator using your linked list.  This is a fairly straight forward task in a language like C / C++ and very easily accomplished in PHP.  It won't be incredibly useful, but it will give you practice implementing something you had to design first.

Or you can just jump right in an try to create the next big site.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.