can anyone tell me why i dont recieve mail?

Papalex606

dude....im stuck on 3 ha ha....i dont understand number 3..i saved the folder to my desktop, then uploaded the whole thing to my ftp server. so everthings on there in the htdocs folder. how would i write that? whats this whole /tf/fw thing?  ::)

3.Open the config.php File In that Folder With Your Favorite Editor and

Change the $fw_install_loc_dir_name To Where You Pasted the

Zigmoyd's files e.g. The location of the folder of config.php File.

If You Paste the files in http://yoursite.com/tf/fw/ set

$fw_install_loc_dir_name To "\tf\fw" or "/tf/fw".

If "\tf\fw" Doesn't Work Use "/tf/fw"

man shall i add you on msn? Would that be easier? or would you prefer through the forum.

The website is called darkiconstudios.com, all the work for it is on the desktop, in a folder called darkiconstudios. When i uploaded it through ftp server, to ftp://Dark Icon Studios/htdocs.

On there i currently have my IE index file, my Flash SWF file, a contact.php (the form im trying to use to get the contact form working and the zigmoyd folder i recently uploaded.  :)

one thing about the "message sent" part... that will always appear since it's not a part of the php code.. you should add something like this to your code

$result = mail(.......);
if ($result) {
echo "Message sent!";
} else {
echo "Something went wrong. Message wasn't sent";
}

that wont help you get the mail sent, but it will at least let you know if the mail was sent or not

Hi, neel ive just installed Zigmoyd, everythings running perfectly, but when i tested the URL ive been show this error

<br />

<b>Fatal error</b>:  Maximum execution time of 30 seconds exceeded in <b>e:\domains\p\pavelockstudios.com\user\htdocs\zm\mail\mail.php</b> on line <b>121</b><br />

any ideas?

If your Cofiguration is Correct

------------------------------------

Zigmoyd Doesn't use PHP's mail() Function

It sends mail Itself

And the Error msg Tells this Following things

1. You are using Windows Server

2. There is NO SMTP (Mail) server on your Server

if there is its either not accessible or not on port 25

Ask your Host to provide SMTP server If you can switch to linux I think there You will get one sendmail.

Oh right, i jsut contacted my web host and switched to linux. It said: -

Your account has been swapped, please note this takes place instantly however it may take upto 24 hours for the dns to propigate to all ISP's so your website may not be visible straight away. Please open a support ticket if your site isn't working after 24 hours.

So looks like im gonna have to wait 24 hours untill its switched.  ::)

hey papalex..

A suggestion.

Use POST insted of GET in your code when sending emails.  GET params. can be object of exploits by external loops over the url. Take that in mind too when it comes about including things...

I apologize for the topic detour of my post

...and for my bad grammar.

:P

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.