Apache Sucking Up RAM

corbin

Well, I run Apache 2.2.4 and PHP 5.2.2 on one of my computers (2.2GHZ AMD 3500+ Processor, 1.5GB RAM), and the other day the computer was going soooo slow, so I looked at task manager, and was extremely surprised to see httpd.exe taking 1GB of RAM and using 2.5GB of my page file....

I checked the access log, and, just as I was expecting, only I have been accessing it, and it's not being attacked or anything, so I'm wondering, what could be causing it to use that much resources when it gets a hit about every 20 minutes?

Also, when I first start Apache, I can watch the memory grow.... It'll start at around 16MB and then slowly grow to the numbers mentioned  earlier.

I've been running a lot of text manipulation PHP scripts, which sometimes handle 6-8MB files, but I run those maybe once every ten minutes, and Apache/PHP should be releasing those resources as soon as it runs....

Any help would be much appreciated, since I have no clue >.<.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.