New Site

Gmunky

www.afterclassjobs.com

ok. This is really my first big website that I have done and still working on.

A couple friends and I are trying to start a small company and basically

it's a website for employers to post jobs and job seekers to search for jobs.

I guess I'm curious about the security of the site and how easy it is for

attackers to retrieve information or corrupt my database. Thanks for the help.

here is a test login for  the employer

username :employertest

password: 123456

for student

username: studenttest

password: 123456

ps there's still an issue with my dropdown menu if you're using an old version of IE.

Your site is in a tough market, but every existing market on the internet is tough to get into so don't let that discourage you, but you didn't come here for business advice did you.

I think you site is pretty decent.  I don't like the landing page idea though and to me the graphic doesn't make much sense.  Other than that I don't have many complaints.  I didn't sign up because I don't need a job.  I think targeting that niche in the job site market is a pretty good idea though, I've never really heard of someone targeting that niche before.  Would be a good place for companies like for cheap student labor to go to.

Under the hood your html is clean.

I've visited the site and I was thinking a little bit to figure out what this site is all about. I was expecting to see the homepage, however, I was faced with a landing page. I'm a bit tired, so I didn't bother to move further.

My comment, better to eliminate the landing page - present your homepage and information upfront.

The navigation menu is broken on my IE6:

http://www.burkesys.com/~sburke/phpfreaks/afterclassjobs.jpg

You have an issue with quotes on:

http://www.afterclassjobs.com/Student/stuaddprofile.php

If you forced scroll bars via css, the page wouldnt jump from side to side when loading long pages.

Looks ok. Hope it goes well for you.

-steve

I only have a few major comments:

1) Too many colors... I'd reduce the number of colors that you're using... match the header background area (where you have the logo) with some of the other colors on the site.  Lose the black in the footer.  Your eye gets drawn to the footer and that should be the last thing they really need to see.

2) Increase the font size.  People don't want to strain to read a site.  9pt or 10pt at least should be used everywhere.

3) Padding... I found a few pages where there wasn't enough padding around the content.

Good luck.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.