php/mysql help

shortybookit

i am a newbie with this stuff- in a nutshell i have the typical sity guide website

and currently some of my pages are a mile long like nightlife page

so i would like the user to be able to search for things with in the night life page instead of just throwing a bunch of html @ them in total i need about 8 pages that would have this search form on

all pages with the search would have 2 options for the user to choose from via a drop down menu

option 1- location -with all the areas of town like downtown,eastside,westside,all locations this option would be the same and go on all of the pages that need a search

option 2 - catagory- this would change depending on the search page nightlife for example would have the following options bars,clubs,comedy clubs,shows

one more example my arts and culture page

option one would have the same location for search criteria one

option 2 would also be the search criteria of catagory just with different options in the pull down options like museums,art galleries, art shows, cultural things

when the user selects downtown in option and american in option two i would like all resturants that are american in downtown to come up on a results page that shows name of business,description,web addy, phone

i need a ton of help on this one an example of a few locations and a few catagories for lets say nightlife would be great

also would i use the same database for all of this?

can i use the same table as well or would i be using a different table for each of the search pages?

thanks much

i am stuck with the whole thing i have no lines of php or html

and i am looking for help on setting up a portion of once search and i will figure out the rest i need help with html form all the php and the tables in mysql

for the example i would like help with lets create a search page thing for my arts and culture page

so someone is on my site someone goes to my arts and culture page

this someone wants to find a museum in downtown

so on my form the user would see 2 pull down menus and a submit button

the first pull down menu would be titleed select a location with a menu of all the locations such as downtown,east side,wast side

after the select the location  they would select some thing from the 2nd pull down with all the catagorys catagorys for arts and culture would be museums,art galleries, and a few more

they hit submit

a results page comes up with all the museums in downtown and shows company name,description,web addy,phone

i also need help with the tables

my question i need help with everything in here not one or 2 things everything :(

thanks

my question i need help with everything in here not one or 2 things everything

Sounds to me like your looking for a programmer. Post your request in the freelance board, the PHP help board is for help with sepcific problems with your code.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.