[SOLVED] Laptop problems

ober

Ok, so a little background first:

I was working in the airport on my latop and I had it plugged in.  I had several things open at the time and I just closed the lid because I wanted to work on the plane.  I got on the plane and decided to watch the movie they were playing first.  When I pulled my laptop out again, it wasn't hibernating and no matter what I did, it would not turn back on.  I got home, plugged it in the next morning and it booted up to an error message along the lines of "security error: something has been tampered with".  So I brought it back into work and dropped it in the docking station and it booted fine.

I'm currently typing on it now and it reports a 100% charge, yet the goddamn battery light is blinking.  Does anyone have any idea what might be going on?  Is my battery fried possibly?

Sidenote: the latop is a IBM Z60m Thinkpad.

Bro if you want to fix it or at least understand what's happened to your laptop.

You can visit IBM's website and look for "Service Manual" for your particular laptop model, then

i suggest you download it.

And look for the 'Error Messages Lengend' inside the Service Manual and it will give you

an idea of the possibilities of what parts are damaged.

good luck.  :D

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.