[SOLVED] A moment of your time to test out my search page.

rcorlew

I have created a nice little search engine for my site that is almost complete.

It has all the cool things like highlighting, boolean and so on. When you click on a link with results, it will then highlight your search on the next page.

I am just curious as to what others may think of it, and if it works as they would expect it to.

http://www.mycrdisorder.org/search.php

You may notice that the links will show up with a .crd instead of .php , just something I thought would add a little character to my site.

wow: I thought I was done till I registered a site:

I registered the account "asshole" password "password"

Well I go to messages and there is NO option to send one.

2) I go to edit my page and I click edit and it logges me in as someone else ? WTF

3) Edit page doesn't work?

4) forums I was able to post a topic that was blank.

I just fixed all but the posting of blank forum articles. The host I use just did some updates and messed up a few of my things, I did not even notice some of them, but what a headache to change all those pages because your host changes something.

I should have the cuss word filter reinstalled, I sure hate web hosts somethimes.

They say that they support php5, but the native support is php4, and some of the read/write restrictions are not set up correctly for my site to run in php5.

So I had to write some custom functions to make some functions that are in version 5 but not in version 4.

Oh well, all should be fixed shortly as most is already done.

That is fixed now.

One thing I have been trying to figure out is why if I search for Chron's which is the database, it will not return results on my web server, but on the test server it does.

I know it is because of the way they escape certain characters, but I am at a loss.

I think I will email them and see how they have that set to be escaped.

Ok, I think that everything is ready for another round of testing.

I have fixed the cussing filter, and don't allow password as a password 'again', but I can't find any more odd behaviors for now.

If anyone finds any, please let me know.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.