Runtime Problems

MemphiS

The following i found where in bold red and are quite large... Can someone tell me how i can lower them

Handler_read_rnd 2,071  The number of requests to read a row based on a fixed position. This is high if you are doing a lot of queries that require sorting of the result. You probably have a lot of queries that require MySQL to scan whole tables or you have joins that don't use keys properly.

Handler_read_rnd_next 2,883 k The number of requests to read the next row in the data file. This is high if you are doing a lot of table scans. Generally this suggests that your tables are not properly indexed or that your queries are not written to take advantage of the indexes you have. 

Key_reads 60  The number of physical reads of a key block from disk. If Key_reads is big, then your key_buffer_size value is probably too small. The cache miss rate can be calculated as Key_reads/Key_read_requests.

Key_write_requests 492  The number of requests to write a key block to the cache.

Key_writes 478  The number of physical writes of a key block to disk. 

Opened_tables 99  The number of tables that have been opened. If opened tables is big, your table cache value is probably too small. 

i do understand that its telling me the problem but im not sure how i can fix them eg "key_buffer_size" how do i enlarge that number?

Thanks

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.