[SOLVED] Help please - form doesn't scroll

hkay1

Hi there,

I apologize if I am trying to use a sledgehammer to tap in a thumbtack.  I found another solution to a question I had about PHP by poking around the internet, so I thought I might try again - but this time I can't find it and have to post.

I am a user of Coffee Cup Flash Form Builder, a very simple WISIWIG form builder.  I have built our website of 8000 pages by myself but am still a layperson.  We are doing our first form and its not too bad looking, and the form tabs fine.  However, at the bottom of the screen, when the user tabs, the page does not jump and advance the form, and instead the user has to manually scroll down the page and begin entering data again.

Is there any simple PHP code I can add to create this funtionality?  The form has no scrollbar of its own and is embedded in an HTML page on our website.   

I realize this site is for power users, rather than simpletons like me, but I didn't know where else to turn as the program vendor does not support manual PHP code changes.  Thanks in advance for your guidance. 

its a flash file so the browser will not know where abouts on the scene you are - a html form would not have the same issues...

if you know then you could get flash to grab the co-ordinates of the cursor each time a an element gains focus and then send it to some javascript. The javascript would have to then grab the position on teh screen of the flash file and add the y-co-ordinate sent from flash. It could then scroll to that point.

Personally I would not use flash for this - there is no need for any 'fabulous' graphical experience so a good old html form would be better... (IMO)

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.