[SOLVED] php.ini and apache2.conf

Daveyboy

I installed cacti and received this ( http://ubuntuforums.org/attachment.php?attachmentid=36581&d=1182913866 ) when installing, now I am getting this error when I run the poller.php;

Fatal error: Call to undefined function mysql_pconnect() in /usr/share/php/adodb/drivers/adodb-mysql.inc.php on line 372

I edited my php.ini to this;

; UNIX: "/path1:/path2"

include_path = ".:/usr/share/php:/usr/share/php/adodb/"

but no luck, I am using Ubuntu server, Linux version 2.6.15-23-386 (buildd@rothera) (gcc version 4.0.3 (Ubuntu 4.0.3-1ubuntu5)) #1 PREEMPT Tue May 23 13:49:40 UTC 2006,  please advise, thanks

Although that sticky is windows based, I get the general concept, I need the include path to point to the php5 directory. Here is what I did below, but still getting the same "Fatal error: Call to undefined function mysql_pconnect() in /usr/share/php/adodb/drivers/adodb-mysql.inc.php on line 372"

1 .added this to my /etc/php5/apache2/php.ini based on the output of 'whereis php5'

; UNIX: "/path1:/path2"

include_path = ".:/usr/share/php/:/usr/bin/php5:/etc/php5:/usr/lib/php5:/usr/share/php5:/usr/share/man/man1/php5.1.gz"

2. When i installed the LAMP stack i install this pack apt-get install apache2 php5 libapache2-mod-php5 mysql-server mysql-client php5-mysql  I thought the php5-mysql is the mysql extension support of php5?

3. Anyway, here is the mysql portion of of my php test page(see attach)

[attachment deleted by admin]

The include_path has nothing to do with extensions. It is merely the search path for php to search when looking for included files.

As far as I can tell from the image you have provided, you have full mysql support, and persistent connections are enabled. I would maybe try adding mysql to your dynamically loaded extensions within the php.ini. Seems an odd way fro a distro to set things up, but it may be the case.

• 2 weeks later...

On Unix-based platforms, I don't believe php.ini has anything to do with the loaded modules. And, to me, the fact that there is a section for mysql seems to indicate that the module has been loaded. Unfortunately, that doesn't help the situation any. :/

Daveyboy: Do any MySQL related functions work?

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.